Online Demo -- Print Release Station Staff Mode with Popup Notification (Download)
Step 1. In Preferences --> User Mode, select “Allow users to enter user id or computer name to show only their print jobs” and “Show popup notification when a print job is submitted on the workstation”.
Step 2. Copy "CZ Popup.msi" to the workstation, double click "CZ Popup.msi" to install the popup. The add-on CZ Popup can also be installed silently and remotely using Windows Group Policy.
Step 3. Click Start -> All Programs -> PrinterAdmin Software -> CZ Popup to run the popup. Enter the computer name or the IP Address of the computer that has Master Print Release Station - installed.
1. CZ Popup will be started automatically when user login next time.
2. Modify CZ Popup.msi package to include the name or IP address of the computer where you installed Master Print Release Station, so you don't have to enter it manually when you run CZ Popup the first time on each workstation. Visit Step 1 of Windows Group Policy how to use Orca to modify CZ Popup.msi .
1. A user sends a print job from a workstation.
2. A popup window appears on the workstation (Windows, Mac OSX / Classic, or Linux client computer) showing the document name, printer name, total number of pages, and cost.
If the popup doesn't appear, see FAQ 3.
3. The staff collects the payment and releases the print job for the user. The printing activity is recorded in the database of Print Release Station.
Note: If the Master – Slave infrastructure is used, the print job can be listed on both the Master Print Release Station and the Slave Print Release Station and staff can use either one to release the print jobs. Check Add a Slave Print Release Station .